Questions about your HCA Account and the LMS
1. How can I create an HCA account if I am a new user?
You should click here
and enter your email address under 'New User' to set up your password. After doing so, you will be automatically redirected to the registration form.
2. What if I have an HCA account but forgot my username and/or password?
If you forgot your username and/or password, click here
and then select 'forgot username' and/or 'forgot password' and follow the instructions sent to your email. If you're unsure if you already have an account, enter your email and select 'forgot password' and follow the same instructions as previously mentioned.
3. How do I know if i'm logged in my HCA account?
If you are not logged in, the menu item in the upper right corner will read 'LOGIN' and clicking it will direct you to the LMS's login page. If you are already logged in, this menu item will read 'MY ACCOUNT' and clicking it will reveal a dropdown menu.
4. What browser should I use?
Please ensure you are using an up-to-date browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Explorer has been proven problematic.
Questions about Registration and Cost
1. Where can I register?
You can register by clicking here
after logging into or creating your HCA user account.
2. Do I have to be a member of HCA to create an account and to register?
No, the Project Firstline Infection Control Training is available to the general public.
. How much does it cost to register?
This series is available free of charge thanks to a grant supported by Health Research Inc. (HRI), the corporation that administers funding to further public health goals of the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and other entities.
Questions about the Project Firstline Training
1. Do I have to watch each chapter all at once?
No, you may watch the series at any time by logging back into your HCA user account.
2. How can I read about the key educational takeaways?
You can read about each chapter's key takeaways by clicking here
3. Will I receive proof that i've taken this course after completion?
After completing this course and submitting the final feedback form, you will receive a certificate of completion via email.
4. Do I have to complete chapter 6 to receive my certificate of completion?
All participants are required to completed chapters 1 through 5, as well as the final feedback form, to receive their certificate of completion. Only professional nurses are required to complete chapter 6.
5. How long does it take to complete the project Firstline Training course?
It will take approximately 2.5 - 3 hours to complete the entire course and receive your certificate of completion.